Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Bringin' back the good times! Come on, sing!

Why do good times mean bringing back things from the past?


Like singing. Just today, I auditioned for a choir, the Evensong Choir, at Christ Church Cambridge. Granted, I am not religious, but I needed to sing, and sing something close to what I had sung in the past, back during my high school and college days. Same exact way. SATB, a cappella, madrigal and renaissance pieces. And no dues.


Like writing. Also today, I created another blog, to post stories. Recalling the passion and time I had used back in college made me desire the same today.


I passed the audition, yes, and I started writing, yes, but it makes me wonder why I desire what has happened in the past? Perhaps it is a good thing, that these particular types of occurrences are something forever ingrained in my life. Perhaps I am thinking too much.

No comments: